Blue Dart Sales at Rs. 410.91 crores
- The Company posted Rs. 29.08 cr profit after tax
Mumbai : April 24, 2012
Blue Dart Express Limited, South Asia's number one express air and integrated transportation, distribution and logistics company, today declared its financial results for the first quarter (Q1) ended March 31, 2012, at its Board Meeting held in Mumbai.
The company posted Rs. 29.08 crores profit after tax for the quarter ended March 31, 2012. Income from operations for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 stood at Rs. 410.91 crores, an increase of 22.17% over the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
Anil Khanna, Managing Director, Blue Dart Express Limited said, "Since inception, Blue Dart has focussed on being a customer centric brand and will continue to concentrate on delivering world-class service quality, experience and maintain our reliability quotient. Blue Dart will continue to focus on product innovation, reach expansion, transit time improvements, small town (Tier-II and III) activation and strengthening channels.
He further added, "Blue Dart stands for Quality, Consistency, Reliability, Passion and Commitment. I thank every Blue Darter, associates, our customers and stakeholders for their support and being our brand ambassadors. Blue Dart has robust plans for India and we are delighted to serve in 'Blue Dart Country' with a business and human conscience to remain the customer's First Choice".
About Blue Dart:
Blue Dart Express Ltd., South Asia's premier express air and integrated transportation & distribution company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 36,637 locations in India. As part of the DP DHL Group (DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding & DHL Supply Chain), Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and territories and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding supply chain solutions and customs clearance.
The Blue Dart team drives market leadership through its motivated people force, dedicated air and ground capacity, cutting-edge technology, wide range of innovative, vertical specific products and value-added services to deliver unmatched standards of service quality to its customers. Blue Dart's market leadership is further validated by numerous awards and recognitions from customers for exhibiting reliability, superior brand experience and sustainability. Some of these include SUPERBRAND and 'Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand Gold Award' 6 years in a row, one of 'India's Best Companies to Work For' by The Great Place to Workﾮ Institute twice successively, 'Outstanding Contribution to the Cause of Education' - Global HR Excellence Awards 2011-2012, BSE Best CSR Practice Award and 22nd CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Fair Business Practices Award - 2010 in the category of Service Enterprises (Medium) to name a few.
Blue Dart accepts its social responsibility by supporting climate protection (GoGreen), disaster management (GoHelp) and education (GoTeach).
BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED
PART I(All figures are in Rs.Lacs
Statement of Standalone Unaudited Results for the Quarter Ended 31/03/2012
|Particulars||Quarter Ended 31-03-2012(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 31-12-2011(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 31-03-2011(Unaudited)||Year Ended 31-12-2011(Audited)|
|1.||Income from operations|
|(a)Net Sales / income from operations||41,091||39,349||33,633||148,960|
|(b)Other operating income||44||121||66||311|
|Total income from operations(net)||41,135||39,470||33,699||149,271|
|(a)Freight,handling and servicing costs(net)||27,867||27,887||21,905||100,764|
|(b)Employee benefits expense||5,338||4,838||3,886||18,441|
|(c)Depreciation and amortisaton expense||732||520||531||2,160|
|3.||Profit From operations before other income,finance costs and exceptional items||3,733||2,585||4,788||15,774|
|5.||Profit from ordinary activities before finance costs and exceptional items||4,411||3,277||5,177||17,889|
|7.||Profit from ordinary activities after finance costs but before exceptional items||4,411||3,277||5,177||17,889|
|9.||Profit from ordinary activities before tax||4,411||3,277||5,177||17,889|
|11.||Net Profit from ordinary activities after tax||2,908||2,238||3,611||12,224|
|12.||Extraordinary items (net of tax expense)||-||-||-||-|
|13.||Net Profit for the period||2,908||2,238||3,611||12,224|
|14.||Paid-up equity share capital( Face value Rs 10/- per share)||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373|
|15.||Reserves excluding Revaluation Reserve as per Balance Sheet of previous accounting year||63,437|
|16.i||Earnings per share(before extraordinary items)(of Rs.10/- each)(not annualised)|
|16.ii||Earnings per share(after extraordinary items)(of Rs.10/- each)(not annualised)|
|A||PARTICULARS OF SHAREHOLDING|
|-Number of shares||4,500,047||4,500,047||4,500,047||4,500,047|
|2||-Percentage of shareholding||18.97||18.97||18.97||18.97|
|2.||Promoters and Promoter Group Shareholding|
|-Number of shares||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total share capital of the company)||-||-||-||-|
|-Number of shares||19,227,887||19,227,887||19,227,887||19,227,887|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total shareholding of the promoter and promoter group)||100||100||100||100|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total share capital of the company)||81.03||81.03||81.03||81.03|
|Particulars||3 months ended 31/03/2012|
|Pending at the beginning of the quarter||-|
|Received during the quarter||2|
|Disposed of during the quarter||2|
|Remaining unresolved at the end of the quarter||-|
- The Income from operations (inclusive of fuel surcharge) has recorded an increase of 22.17% for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 as compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- The Company is primarily engaged in a single segment business of integrated air and ground transportation and distribution of time sensitive packages in India and is managed as one entity for its various service offerings and is governed by a similar set of risks and returns. The said treatment is in accordance with the guiding principles enunciated in the Accounting Standard on Segment Reporting (AS-17) as notified under Section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- The results for the qarter ended December 31,2011 are the balancing figures between audited figures in respect of the full financial year 2011 and the published year to date figures upto the third quarter of the financial year ended December 31,2011.
- The prior period's figures have been regrouped and reclassified wherever necessary to conform to current period's classification.
- In accordance with the requirements of Clause 41 of the Listing Agreement with the Stock Exchanges, the Statutory Auditors have performed a limited review of the Company's financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2012. There are no qualifications in the limited review report issued for the above quarter.
- The above results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and were thereafter approved by the Board at its meeting held on April 24, 2012.
By Order of the Board
For Blue Dart Express Limited
Date : April 24, 2012
Place : Mumbai
For further information contact :
Date : April 24, 2012